The horticulture lighting industry is advancing fast with new technology, allowing you to grow more yield while reducing your expenses. In fact, many of these advancements are being developed right here in the United States.
So Hort Americas is hosting an event, as part of their AppLit initiative, to share the most recent research and show how you, as a grower, can benefit from the latest lighting innovations.
Horticulture Lighting and Learning with Hort Americas is on August 11, 2022, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., in Hendersonville, N.C.
Besides quickly becoming the epicenter for U.S.-produced LED lights, Hendersonville was selected due to the area’s many advantages for controlled environment growers, including moderate temperatures and an abundance of natural resources.
Topics covered during the event include:
- Flower Responses of North American Strawberry Cultivars — Karla Garcia, technical service specialist at Hort Americas
- Young Plant Production Under LED Grow Lights — Ricardo Hernandez, associate professor at North Carolina State University
- Greenhouse Strawberry Production — Cheiri Kubota, professor at The Ohio State University
- Taking Advantage of Utility Rebates — Lee Levitt, North American Utility Director at GE Current, A Daintree Company
- Updates from Serre Brillo — Vine Crop Demonstration Greenhouse in Quebec, Canada — Speaker TBD
You’ll also see:
- How technology developments in LED lighting are evolving to meet the needs of large-scale growers.
- How you can use new LED grow light technology to boost crop production.
- How ongoing LED light research is shaping the future of the horticulture industry.
There will also be a panel discussion about understanding utility rebates for commercial horticulture. In addition, attendees will have an opportunity to tour the new AppLit lighting facility in Hendersonville.
A source: https://floristtrends.com