With the advent of the greenhouse, residents have more opportunities for landscaping the territory.
What is your favorite flower? A lush aster, a sophisticated tulip, or maybe a graceful rose? Or all together? While we ourselves were trying to figure out our “flower” preferences, the Smorodino House of Culture appeared on the horizon. The doors are open, the servants of Melpomene and Terpsichore are ready to welcome guests. Let’s go to a meeting.
– Oh, petunia! Another one. And there is still a whole clearing – before reaching the meeting place, we transfer our gaze and attention to the horticultural work of cultural workers.
We make a deft turn of the head and fix our eyes on the local administration – and here is the petunia. Coincidence or currants – avid fans of a bright garden beauty?
– This is my joy, my passion, my petunia! – our meeting with the head of the Smorodino Palace of Culture Lyudmila Soshina begins at an interesting point, in the middle of her two elements: flowers and culture.
Fifteen years ago, she stood at the helm of the local cultural industry, exactly then the first sprouts of her beloved petunia began to appear on the streets of the village. Improvement of the territory, as it turned out, although it is a priority for public sector employees, is very costly. First of all, it affected energy resources, “everything had to be done on our own.”
In spring, natural beauties flourished not only in their usual habitat, but also on the windowsills of the Smorodino House of Culture. Miracles? No, quite mundane work of the creative team. Last year they raised 6,000 petunia sprouts.
– It was a real test for the whole team. They came to work in advance, after the working day the “additional” began. Everything needs to be watered, fed, dived, each sprout must be turned so that the plant develops evenly. You won’t believe it, but our “kids” grew up in ordinary plastic cups – when it comes to her “pets”, Lyudmila Nikolaevna changes her face.
Employees of the administration, schools and other institutions joined the selfless additional work of cultural workers. In November-December, everyone bought seeds together. When a large parcel arrived at the post office, only the most ignorant wondered about its contents. What’s there? Petunia! True, so far in the form of a small and defenseless seed.
And now … our eyes at the meeting were lured away by the first fruits of the joint work of Smorodino activists this year – freshly blossomed petunias of a dark purple color. The still fragile stems barely hold a large and picturesque flower:
“Two months ago it was a small sprout. It would be thrown away, but I have a motto: everyone has the right to life! I give a chance and believe in every sprout to the last.
But this is all background, although, in our case, it played a major role.
– How nice it would be if we had a greenhouse – such a conversation went on at the next planning meeting. We talked about ideas, some time passes, and we learn about initiative projects – reluctantly (on both sides – author) we left the conversation about her favorite colors and moved on to continue the story.
The project on growing seedlings of annual flowers for the improvement of the Smorodino territory was liked not only in our district, but also received special attention at the regional level. The idea is breakthrough, but her defense against Lyudmila Nikolaevna became even more successful. Extremely sincere and voluminous – this was the speech about the usefulness of creating a greenhouse and the need for landscaping rural areas.
– I invite you to our kingdom! – long-awaited words. We are going to see the greenhouse – a kind of, also the fruit of the joint work of the initiative group of the village. This year, funding has passed, and the construction of the “currant greenhouse” has begun on the territory of the village administration.
The building is already ready to receive the first garden guests: water, electricity, heating – there are infrared lamps in the greenhouse. True, this season the currants did not have time to take advantage of the new acquisition, they decided for the last time to turn to the old “sill method”. But this is the last time!
The area of the greenhouse will allow growing more than 10 thousand sprouts. Naturally, the assortment will expand – gazania, salvia and marigolds will be added to your favorite petunias. And so that the greenhouse would not stand idle on off-season days, the head of the department of the Smorodinsky territory, Marina Vakhrusheva, had the idea to cut perennial shrubs in it. In a couple of years, you can think about your own festival “Currant in Bloom” …
– Well, we are ready to bring everything to the ideal, our team is friendly, easy-going. The soul rejoices when you see the result of your work, which can delight not only you, but also those around you – our interlocutor is charged for a productive future.