Syngenta Seeds’ “eat-it-all” cauliflower, the iStem, was awarded the bronze trophy in Fruit Logistica’s prestigious Innovation Awards this year.
iStem is unique as the first edible stem cauliflower. It has the benefit of a high yield for growers, and appeals to consumers with its sweet, nutty curds, high fiber and immune-boosting vitamin C, and can be eaten whole with no preparation – thus reducing food waste.
Many highlights were on display at Fruit Logistica, including:
· The new cucumber portfolio, highly resistant to diseases and ensuring high yield and quality;
· Romaine lettuce SolidRib, bringing value from field to shelf, longer lasting, crunchy texture and sweet flavor;
· Romolo and Piel de Sapo firm and juicy personal size melons;
· Tomato assortments, from baby plum and cherry on the vine varieties, as well as varieties resistant to the devastating brown rugose virus;
· Peppers: ranging from sweet and seedless mini peppers to best quality blocky peppers.