Iskra and cabbage
The Berestye greenhouse complex, one of the best enterprises in the Brest region, has been accepting labor troops for five years already. In the midst of ripening and harvesting, the guys become a good help. Without looking up from weeding vegetables, they told how much they would earn and what they would spend the first money on.
This summer in the Brest region, the agricultural organization plans to employ about 250 children. Among the employers are OJSC Ostromechevo, OJSC Agro-Sad Rassvet, OJSC Brest agrarian, SGC Zapadny, State Forestry Institution Brest Forestry, OJSC Komarovka. According to the first secretary of the Brest Regional Committee of the Belarusian Republican Youth Union, Lilia Pulyashko, those who wished began to enroll in student teams in the winter:
– We try to satisfy all applications, especially since there are enough vacancies. Especially here, in Berestye, there is always work. We notice that the guys are interested in watching how vegetables grow, and, of course, have a hand in this.
More than half of the fighters of the Iskra student brigade named after P. M. Masherov work in the greenhouse not for the first time, so they are familiar not only with each other, but also with the field. Brigadier Roman Pikalyuk, mentor and inspirer, notes the success of young workers:
– The guys, despite their little experience, work on a par with regular employees: in a couple of hours they exceeded the norm, cutting 1200 kilograms of cabbage. We issue awards to the most responsible and performing duties qualitatively, and not carelessly.
At the mention of bonuses, only I perk up: the guys admit that money does not play a special role for them. Although in 18 days you can get about 300 rubles. Tenth-grader Dima from the village of Yamno, for example, revealed the secret that he was going to spend the earned reserve on a gift for his classmate Uliana from Telm, who, as it turned out during the conversation, also works at Iskra.
“It’s fun here, and time passes unnoticed,” Dima willingly answers questions.
– Do not quarrel when you work? I ask Ulyana and Dima.
They shake their heads, although the rest of the guys admit that disputes arise only in competitive moments. Arina Andriyuk says that they, like Stakhanovites, are trying to do more – there will be something to brag about. Tenth-grader David Kaluga, for example, is proud of the fact that last year he earned himself a trip to St. Petersburg. Now his goal is to enter the Brest Regional Lyceum named after P. M. Masherov. David has already passed his exams and is waiting for the results. In parting, she wished him good luck, to which the applicant replied:
– Do not wish good luck, but success.
The student’s fair remark made me think. But it’s true, it doesn’t matter whether you are lucky or not, when you work in good conscience. Then the success achieved is even more valuable.
Vera Bortnik, a specialist in ideological work of the Berestye TC, calls the guys hard workers:
– Student teams in the summer are just salvation for us. The main staff already works day and night, and it is extremely important to monitor the condition of vegetables. Interacting with the Belarusian Republican Youth Union for more than a year, we see which of the children is more diligent, who copes faster, and who just needs to serve their shift. Of course, this affects the quality. The student brigade commander also plays a role: as the captain turns, so the ship will sail. In Iskra, there are no problems with this – there is complete mutual understanding. Labor education is important: it is the organization of leisure, distraction from negative thoughts, gadgets, familiarization with adult life with its difficulties and, of course, responsibility.